Astron Trident Clone

I used plans downloaded from JimZ Rocket Plans, ordered nose cones from Balsa Machining Service and decals from Tango Papa Decals and made this clone of the old Astron Trident. I modified the plans a bit to use a hole punch and pieces of 1/4 inch launch lug to make the vent holes which resulted in the front and rear pods being a little further apart than the original. The first time I flew it the entire engine mount assembly blew itself out of the back of the rocket. So I installed a new engine mount and used strips of balsa to provide more gluing surface to hold it in. It flew again without spitting the mount, so the modification must have worked.

Trident clone

Ninfinger self-portrait
Sven Knudson
NAR#63297
sven@ninfinger.org